Reporting to the Plating & Processing Supervisor, Weekend Shift as the Process Technician - Zinc Nickel Plating, you will be responsible for maintaining demand for Production and / or R&O requirements. Please note this is a 4x10 shift 3pm to 1am.
- Zinc Nickel plating of aircraft components, including preparation of components, to customer specifications and development of work techniques, could also include masking.
- Part fixturing, loading and unloading
- Tank/chemistry maintenance and associated tooling
- Act as a cross functional team member and support other plating applications as requested
- Participate in lean initiatives (i.e. 5S, TPM, process improvement teams)
- Communicate and co-ordinate priorities and process issues between operators and shifts
- Observe and adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma
- 2 years of experience in processing/plating.
- Must have 2 years minimum prior Zinc Nickel experience.
- Process chemistry background
- Sound working knowledge of measuring equipment such as calipers and elcometers
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret blueprints and work with various hand tools
- Strong technical and computer skills.
- Strong understanding of WHMIS
- Demonstrated ability to work as a cross-functional employee
- Successful candidate must meet all requirements for ITAR and CCGP
- Must be willing to work the afternoon 4x10 shift (3pm to 1am)
Collins Aerospace Systems is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates during all aspects of the selection process.