Base Material Coordinator
Description du poste
Top Aces is the exclusive supplier of combat airborne training services to the Canadian Forces. We provide joint terminal attack controller training to Canadian special operations and ground forces, Red Air and electronic attack training to CF-18 aircrew and navy, as well as live-fire target practice to the Canadian military. Top Aces' integrated logistics, maintenance and engineering solutions ensure that the Canadian Forces receives the level of support they require to achieve their objectives. Experience Matters.
The Base Material Coordinator (BMC) will report to the Base Manager, but will also adhere to functional and compliance direction from the Top Aces Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) Manager, and support the function of Top Aces ISC. Primary responsibilities include:
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to Top Aces policies and procedures;
- Have detailed knowledge of Top Aces ISC policies and processes;
- Manage local stores inventory and any satellite warehousing - Parts count and locations;
- Manage local and/or satellite Quarantine inventory - count and locations;
- Maintain valid Dangerous and Controlled goods certifications;
- Establish and maintain current inventory of hazardous material / explosives;
- Maintain a valid fork-lift operator permit;
- Oversee local RFP, PO and RO transactions in Top Aces IT systems;
- If required, create Request for Quotes (RFQs) to obtain price and availability;
- Coordinate required purchasing actions with Top Aces Logistics. Conduct local consumables purchasing;
- Monitor estimated delivery dates and proactively deal with Suppliers to ensure timely deliveries;
- Communicate with local employees and Top Aces Logistics to manage and mitigate impact of overdue orders;
- Receive merchandise from different sources;
- Conduct in-coming inspection, then store appropriately and populate the inventory system accordingly;
- Collaborate with Top Aces Log staff and suppliers to ensure vendor quality assurance;
- Prepare items for shipping (packing), respect special packaging instruction if required;
- Adhere to DG and CG shipping requirements. Be prepared to support routine cross border shipments;
- Support Top Aces safety programs and Quality Management System;
- Provide ISC support to deployed operations, under supervision of deployed Maintenance Lead;
- Prepare part kits for maintenance personnel;
- Attend training courses to ensure continued qualifications;
- Assist in the on-the job training and instruction of personnel as required; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
You will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program:
Employees are responsible for:
- Working in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety acts and regulations
- Following safe work practices and procedures and using safeguards and personal protective equipment
- Reporting hazards (such as unsafe situations and activities) to their supervisor immediately.
to use personal protective equipment and clothing as directed by the employer
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Previous experience with shipping/receiving and/or inventory/stores management;
- Previous military or commercial aviation logistics experience a significant asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers in French. English a significant asset;
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook). Experience with AMS and/or Sharepoint an asset;
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service;
- Team player, but able to work independently with minimal supervision to carry out tasks within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices;
- High level of professionalism continuously shows courtesy and respect for team members.
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Safety, Teamwork, Focus and Integrity
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values
- Shift working (day, night and weekend);
- Work outside in extreme weather;
- Travel is required for the position;
- International travel may also be required;
- Ability to obtain a “Secret Level II” security clearance with the Canadian Government and meet security requirements for the CGP and ITAR.
Top Aces is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?