Tooling Lead Engineer
Description du poste
ABOUT THE JOB
Our customer is currently looking for a dynamic and creative candidate to bolster its R&D team. Working alongside designers and drafters, the Lead Engineer – Tooling, works in coordination with the Program Manager to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of projects, while providing supervision and guidance to his/her peers.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare engineering designs, 3D models, drawings and related technical information in support of
- Verify and peer design drawings for manufacturability and conformance with our client’s specification
- Work closely with the Program Manager, lead assigned projects through the defined Project Management workflows, taking accountability for Schedules, Costs and Scope.
- Release engineering designs, 3D models, drawings and related technical information through SolidWorks Vault system and ensuring it is correctly released.
- Communicate with manufacturing and operations personnel to resolve manufacturing related issues
- Interact with Customer Support Department to resolve customer related issues.
- Understand and help to develop company design standards whether written or within the historical
- Share applicable technical knowledge to improve all Design & Engineering projects and further the
knowledge and understanding of mechanical design within the company.
- Identify areas where increased training or knowledge would benefit or compliment your expertise and
determine a method for gaining this knowledge.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative office atmosphere through shared respect, teamwork and
- Other duties as may be assigned
QUALIFICATION & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Demonstrated proficiency working with SolidWorks and related modules.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated experience with drawing standards, GD&T, and annotations
- Minimum 7-10 year’s experience in mechanical design within the aerospace industry.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes (machining, welding, thermoforming, riveting) an asset
- Experience writing technical reports to substantiate designs.
- Ability to read, interpret, review and comment drawings, models and related technical documentation
- Experience leading projects to completion and working with program management concepts and software (i.e. Microsoft Project).
- Knowledge of simulation using SolidWorks or other software would be an asset.
- P. Eng. or working towards P. Eng. is not mandatory but considered an asset.
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence is not mandatory but considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of computer office programs (Word, Excel, etc…).
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?