Station Attendants - Permanent Part-Time - Halifax
Description du poste
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada, recently ranked Best Airline in North America, is currently looking for Station Attendants to join our ground handling team at the Halifax Airport.
We are looking for result oriented, reliable and highly adaptable individuals that enjoy tackling various tasks in a team setting environment. Whether handling baggage or freight, or operating complex loading equipment, the Station Attendants play a key role in ensuring that the aircraft are ready for a secure and on-time departure.
This is a permanent part-time position which can be scheduled up to a maximum of 32 hours per week. The current salary is $13.00/hr as per the collective agreement.
- Drive and operate ramp-servicing vehicles and equipment.
- Marshal or tow aircraft to gate positions for passenger boarding and deplaning and for loading and unloading of cargo and passenger baggage.
- On-load/off-load cargo and passenger baggage.
Please take 2 minutes to watch the following video with more information about the Station Attendant role:
- Available for shift work and irregular work hours- early mornings, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Able to lift heavy objects unaided and repetitively weighing up to 70 pounds (32 kilograms).
- Willingness to work under various climatic conditions.
- Capacity to work within strict timelines in order to maintain on-time departures while ensuring safety at all times.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Available to attend a 2-4 weeks full time mandatory training.
- Pass security clearance and obtain the Transport Canada security card.
- Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?