Section Chief, Flight Dynamics
Description du poste
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one great idea at a time. We provide the environment where these ideas thrive and grow into great products or customer experiences.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering, Aerospace team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
In your role, you will:
- Distribute work and communicate expected results
- Participate directly in the design, development, and review of the engineering work of the group
- Support staff and enable them to reach their goals and deliverables
- Participate in management meetings and initiatives and organize group governance
- Work with all internal customers to meet their expectations
- Communicate information to employees in a timely manner
- Maintain technical knowledge and awareness of developments related to aircraft stability & control, flying and handling qualities
- Participate in manpower planning activities
- Participate in budget preparation and have accountability for managing financial resources
- Define equipment and other resources required by the group to perform its tasks efficiently
- Support employees’ Performance Management Plan (PMP) and Personal Development Plan (PDP), and recommend promotions
- Support and promote company initiatives
- Participate in the recruitment and integration of new employees
- Participate in the development and coaching of employees, and recommend and support training initiatives
- Define individual goals and expected results for employees in order to support the group and the Department
- Knowledge of the group’s technical issues and be responsible for assigning the best resources available in order to solve them
- Analyze complex problems, organize investigations and tests. Requires good judgment to recognize the implications of test results on other problems and devise new approaches or apply existing criteria in a novel way
- Assign problems, modify established guidelines, devise new approaches, apply existing criteria in new ways, and draw conclusions from comparative situations in order to improve efficiency
- Propose solutions to unusual problems, and approve modifications to designs where concepts have been approved at a higher level
- Decision making and recommendations on complex technical issues autonomously and set priorities on a mid to long term range
- Plan decision-making with direct consent of the Manager only when necessary
- Participate in efforts required to meet the Department’s Master Plan and commitments
- Plan to meet the group’s goals
- Demonstrate specific skills coordinating resources and deliverables in a cross functional environment amongst business units
- Anticipate and interpret the collaborators’ needs to identify solutions
- Explain difficult concepts and persuade others to adopt a point of view
- Prepare schedules, supervise, and review the work of Engineers and Technologists
- Provide technical leadership, coaching, mentoring, and training on a regular basis to direct reports
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- You have over 10 years of relevant experience in the flight sciences, and possess a strong background in flight dynamics, aircraft aerodynamics, flight simulation, and aircraft performance
- You have an understanding and familiarity with airworthiness regulations and the aircraft certification process
- You are proficient in preparing technical reports including certification documents and presentations via office-software is a pre-requisite
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills; strong leadership and analytical skills
- You have previous experience supervising a group of technical experts
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Stability & Control
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 23.02.2018, 9:48:44 PM
Job Segment: Engineer, Product Development, Testing, Aerospace, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering, Research, Technology, Aviation
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?