Project Director A
Description du poste
PROJECT DIRECTOR A
REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-CASB01691759
ABOUT BOMBARDIER TRANSPORTATION
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in St Bruno, Quebec you will act within the boundaries of the contract with the full power of the Division President’s authority to deliver the object of the contract to the customer and to deliver the targeted margin to Bombardier. To this effect, you will lead the Project Core Team in the successful completion of their assigned tasks within schedule, allocated budgets and scope to the required quality. You will lead the project and cope with the unique challenge of continually focusing on a pro-active management that the functions keep their delegated budgets, meet their schedules and deliver on their obligation. You will have to lead the team with the view of the full project including areas outside own division and the overall impact on Bombardier Transportation (BT) performance.
You will be responsible to apply the key Project Management Processes and the applicable tools for the implementation and you will be accountable for the strict and efficient application thereof.
You will have to ensure that all Project Core Team members have sufficient financial and reporting governance and also ensure all risks and opportunities are properly addressed and mitigated.
In your role you will:
- Be responsible for the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Detailed Project Schedule, Joint Design Definition Process (JDDP), Customer Interface, Project Risk, Opportunity and Improvement Management, Project Launch (including the Orange Book), Change Management and Contractual Obligation Management, Budget allocation and monitoring, Project Reporting internally both status and financial performance;
- Be responsible to be primary contact to divisional Project Management Office. Manage the interfaces between the different internal BT Divisions;
- Have the authority and the obligation to review the effort of the Project Core Team members and to give directives related to the project execution, as such will be involved in the Performance Management Program (PMP) objective setting process for all Project Core Team members;
- Define and secure the support of the business partners and extended project team (ensure IS is contacted in an early phase of the project with sufficient lead time.
- Be responsible for management of all communication with the Customer;
- Lead the Project Core Team effort to meet periodic financial targets;
- Be responsible for adapting your leadership and motivational skills to the project, the team or individual's capabilities and knowledge, the time and tools available and the results desired;
- Develop “must do” strategies to increase team effectiveness and the belief that "none of us is as good as all of us.", in order to help the team go through the distinct stages of ‘forming, storming, norming and performing’;
- Adapt the allocation of work packages between the roles and the day-to-day delegation of special tasks to the Project Core Team members in order to optimize the total project;
- Have a specific communication responsibility to the Project Directors of Sub-Divisions.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent desired. Current Certification of Project Management Professional or equivalent desired;
- You have a minimum of twelve (12) years of experience post graduate;
- You have a minimum of six (6) years of leadership experience;
- You possess cross-functional experience either in Bids, Contracts and Legal, Procurement, Engineering or Operations;
- You possess proven leadership performance (i.e. PMP, 360° feedback);
- You have international working experience in a matrix organization;
- You have run several projects on Level B;
- You have knowledge of manufacturing environment;
- You have good understanding of customer needs;
- You have an in-depth knowledge of how own function integrates within the organization.
- Your English, French and Spanish level is excellent.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Project/Program Management
Primary Location: CA-QC-St. Bruno
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 11.05.2018, 5:39:23 PM
Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, Program Manager, Procurement, Project Manager, Management, Engineering, Operations, Technology
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?