Specialist in Metallurgy - Supplier Management
Description du poste
Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position:
Pratt & Whitney Canada is looking for a Specialist in Metallurgy - Supplier Management for our facility in Longueuil. As the Specialist in Metallurgy - Supplier Management will be responsible for controlling the metallurgical and chemical integrity of products from the supply chain, including the quality of raw materials. We wish to have candidacies with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the field of metallurgical special processes.
Specific responsibilities of position:
As the Specialist in Metallurgy - Supplier Management you will:
• Carry out audits, monitoring and qualification of special procedures on the premises of external suppliers;
• Participate actively in the resolution of problems with procedures and production on suppliers’ premises, in collaboration with the Engineering and Procurement Department;
• Participate in and actively contribute to the promotion of the company’s core values (EH&S, ethics and quality) and in the implementation of continuous improvement principles and tools.
Additional Information :
• Availability for answering calls outside normal working hours;
• Occasional travel.
You are recognize for your metallurgical expertise and moreover your expertise in special processes? Do you want to take on important challenges and support the company to perfect its processes? Do not wait anymore and submit your résumé!
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.
• Minimum of 10 years’ hands-on experience with special processes in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the aerospace industry;
• Experience in special processes and their associated controls;
- Greatest importance for the position: brazing and heat treatment or painting, anodizing and all types of plating or composite;
- Important asset for the position: welding, forging and the conversion of materials, casting, EDM, coatings (plasma, diffusion), peening, etc.
• Experience, aptitude and interest in working with external suppliers;
• Good communication and interpersonal relationship skills;
• Independent and results-oriented;
• Bilingual (spoken and written);
• Mastering Microsoft Office suite;
• Knowledge of SAP, SharePoint and PLM Enovia (an asset).
Field of studies required: Bachelor degree in Materials Science and Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?