Engineer/Specialist in Machining Technologies Development
Description du poste
Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position:
Pratt & Whitney Canada is looking for an Engineer/Specialist in Machining Technologies Development for its offices in Longueuil. As an Engineer/Specialist in Machining Technologies Development, you will be part of a multidisciplinary team which works to develop and optimize manufacturing processes (such as turning, milling and rectifying and deburring aeronautical parts) for manufacturing units. You will be bilingual and will have a minimum of two years’ experience in cutting tools, in addition to a good knowledge of manufacturing processes.
Specific responsibilities of the position:
The Machining Technologies Development Engineer/Specialist must have the technical knowledge required to develop new cutting strategies in order to optimize machining operations while improving the quality of parts and reducing the cost of parts.
The candidate will be able to:
- Identify new cutting tools for new materials.
- Carry out simulations to optimize cutting strategies.
- Manage the cutting test process (including the analysis of results and reports).
- Introduce the new cutting processes.
- Act as technical support for machining procedures at P&WC manufacturing units and at our suppliers.
- Available for occasional business travel.
Do you know about cutting tools and processes? Are you always looking to improve cutting processes? Do you want to develop your skills in a company that works with the latest technologies and is focused on innovation? What are you waiting for? Send us your application for the position of Engineer/Specialist in Machining Technologies Development. Pratt & Whitney Canada is waiting for you!
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.
- Bachelor's degree with 2 to 5 years of experience in manufacturing production or
- Master's degree with 1 to 2 years of experience in manufacturing production.
- Expertise in cutting tools and procedures (with an emphasis on rectification).
- Basic knowledge of mechatronics and process monitoring.
- Knowledge of virtual machine software (e.g. ThirdWave, CutPro and MachPro) and Microsoft Office.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Communication skills and good interpersonal relationship skills.
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?