Paralegal Specialist - Montreal
Description du poste
- Drafting and reviewing ancillary documents and legal documentation and coordinating comments from various internal branches at Air Canada.
- Assisting responsible lawyers in the preparation of closing documents, transaction checklists and obtaining required signatures.
- Liaising with transaction parties to coordinate and/or supply the flow of required documents in advance of a closing, coordinating closing logistics and attending closing calls as required.
- Coordinate Transport Canada filings with Air Canada Airworthiness Department and manage security interest filings related to aircraft and other Air Canada transactions, including the monitoring and renewal of all filings.
- Preparing closing books and summaries of transactions, where required.
- Preparing aircraft working binders and monitoring and updating such binders following completion of any transaction or amendment to keep them current, and maintaining and updating the e-library for aircraft transactions shared with the Aircraft Programs Department at Air Canada.
- Maintaining a record of all Transport Canada and relevant security filings and renewing and updating same when required.
- Making registrations at the Cape Town International Registry.
- Formal paralegal training and a paralegal certificate or Bachelor of Law with formal paralegal training and experience or extensive experience in this area.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience as a paralegal in commercial and banking/financing transactions at a major law firm or major publicly traded corporation.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and French. An excellent knowledge of English is essential. A writing sample may be requested.
- An evidenced facility with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and a high level of comfort in using computers and web-based applications.
- Experience with preparing and reviewing security interest filings, such as those made in the Quebec Register of Real and Personal Moveable Rights, is a prerequisite. Experience with navigating the International Registry would be a definite advantage.
- Desire and ability to pursue continuous learning.
- Willingness to ask questions and to seek information as needed to complete projects and tasks.
- Strong attention to detail and rigorous.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to work independently and to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Project management skills, including the ability to adhere to strict project deadlines while being flexible as necessary in response to changes and delays.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others, ability to work as a team member and to interact successfully with people at all levels of the organization, including attorneys, clients and outside counsel.
- Demonstrated professionalism, discretion and the ability to handle confidential information.
- Drive for results and urgency and motivation towards achievement.
- Fast and efficient work habits.
- Capacity to work under pressure, displaying composure in stressful situations.
- Tenacity and resilience to persevere towards goals, despite challenges and obstacles, maintaining enthusiasm through to the attainment of the goals.
- Integrity, including a strong work ethic is assumed. A successful candidate will be one who takes pride in his or her role as a representative of Canada’s international airline.
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?