Operations and Maintenance Bid Specialist
Description du poste
OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE BID SPECIALIST
REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-CASB01651560
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in St. Bruno, Quebec you will develop the costs related to the submission of Operations and Maintenances (O&M) of rolling vehicles, maintenance of ways and "wayside".
You will also develop costing estimates, develop and implement the O&M submission strategy, work within an OMJV structure with external partners and / or a complex Public-Private Project (PPP) environment, interact with the service delivery teams as well as with the different functions involved in submission and external partners.
In your role you will:
- Define, validate and correct life cycle cost data for submission and data entry into the Maintenance Cost Model (frequency of inspections, repairs, replacement and estimated cost to perform these tasks);
- Liaise with Engineering Life Cycle Costs to receive basic data;
- Analyze the Request For Proposal technical requirements and identify risks and opportunities (and mitigation plans), variables affecting costs, issues to be addressed to the customer, or exceptions that need to be made;
- Ensure that issues are formulated strategically to mitigate risks;
- Conduct site assessments to understand the technical risks associated with the maintenance program;
- Establish and validate business cases in relation to new technology solutions, direct and coordinate the development of cost reduction ideas through innovative approaches to perform maintenance and / or operations that can help improve service to new technologies customers or key performance measures of the customer while meeting target prices;
- Ensure that approaches and solutions are clearly presented in the proposal;
- Contribute to the proposal plan, write narratives (management approach, operational plans, etc.) and establish critical charts and tables;
- Develop governance narratives in internal mandate requests and be able to present them to senior management in order to obtain the bidding mandate;
- Lead the data collection and evaluation exercise to capture all information and assessments of O&M locations as well as "best practices" to ensure continuous improvement;
- Meet with PPP partners and customers to discuss strategic agreements;
- Evaluate opportunities and risks related to strategic choices (partnership, technological, commercial).
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering Electrical Engineering or equivalent. This could be replaced by long standing maintenance experience;
- You have five (5) to fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in the area;
- You posses costing expertise in maintenance tasks (inspection and frequencies);
- You have the ability to determine Life Cycle Cost estimates and to challenge those received by vendors through experience and the ability to determine optimized maintenance schedules;
- You have experience in application of problem-solving methodologies and root-cause analysis;
- You are fluent in English (both spoken and written);
- Speaking knowledge of French will be considered as an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Business Development
Primary Location: CA-QC-St. Bruno
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 06.06.2018, 1:52:57 PM
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Maintenance, Engineer, Electrical, Operations, Manufacturing, Engineering
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?