Operations and Maintenance Bid Specialist
Description du poste
OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE BID SPECIALIST
REQUISITION NUMBER: TAME-CASB01540677
ABOUT BOMBARDIER TRANSPORTATION
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in St Bruno, Quebec you will lead the definition of Operations and Maintenance strategy for O&M of bids, build O&M estimates, and for Extended Warranty offers to Rolling Stock bids in collaboration with the bids core team and the Services (SER) business unit.
In your role you will:
- Lead the definition of the maintenance and operation strategy, determine an (O&M) schedule that is optimized vs. the frequencies of inspections/repairs and replacement ensuring optimized costing whilst meeting our reliability and availability commitments;
- Evaluate operational constraints and determine an optimal approach;
- Define, gather, collate, challenge and correct the baseline Life Cycle Cost (LCC) data for the bid and input into the Maintenance Cost Model (frequency of inspections, repairs, replacement and estimated cost to perform these tasks). Liaise with Life Cycle Cost Engineering to receive the base input and challenge;
- Analyse the Request For Proposal (RFP) from a "technical" standpoint and generate any risks (and mitigation plans), cost drivers, questions that need to be asked to the customer or exceptions that must be taken;
- Ensure questions are formulated in a strategic way to mitigate our risks without leading the competition to our issues;
- Perform on site evaluations to understand technical risks associated with the premises/ set-ups as well as car conditions;
- Lead and coordinate the elaboration of cost reduction ideas and innovative approaches to maintenance and/or operations that can help improve the efficiency and customer service to the customer and meet aggressive target prices. Ensure these are well translated in the proposal and strengthen our position vs. the competition;
- Review proposal narratives respective to the maintenance and operations approach to work (management approach, operational plan, etc.). Also elaborate Blue Book narratives that relate to the maintenance and operations approach and defend them with governance in order to receive approval on the approach being taken;
- Lead data/benchmarking exercise to capture information/benchmark from O&M sites as well as best practices.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent. This could be replaced by long standing maintenance experience;
- You have ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of experience in a similar role;
- You possess costing expertise in maintenance tasks (inspection and frequencies);
- You have ability to determine Life Cycle Cost estimates and to challenge those received by vendors through experience;
- You possess ability to determine optimized maintenance schedules;
- You have ability to write in a compelling and clear manner in English.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Maintenance Planning
Primary Location: CA-QC-St. Bruno
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 07.05.2018, 3:16:41 PM
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Maintenance, Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Operations, Manufacturing, Engineering
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?