Structures Design Engineer (Catia V4 Aerospace)
Description du poste
Reporting to the Chief Liaison Engineer, the Structures Design Engineer is the intermediate representative in the group, responsible for supporting Preliminary and Detail design of Primary and Secondary Airframe Structure, Systems, Assemblies and Installations using Catia V4. This position requires the incumbent to work closely with all specialists within Engineering, such as Design, Stress, Materials Technology and others as required.
- Generates new or Modifies existing Designs per Engineering Standard Practices.
- Adheres to company Engineering Processes and Standards.
- Interacts with inspectors, shop mechanics, other engineering disciplines and management as required.
- Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments in Aircraft Structures in order to recommend innovations to improve the quality, economy, and effectiveness of company products.
- Investigates, analyzes and determines solutions for Manufacturing and Engineering problems that may hinder or prevent the assembly or function of components, based on the principles of aeronautical design, including function, serviceability, cost, schedule, material processes and assembly limitations.
- Interprets Engineering drawing, specifications, policies and philosophies.
- Obtains Engineering expert advice and assent on complex Designs.
- Assists Manufacturing and related departments in an advisory capacity in Methods processes, cost and schedule improvements.
- Maintains close co-ordination with and fosters teamwork with all departments within the Company, in particular, with Operations and Engineering.
- Investigates, analyzes and provides solutions for corrective action requests involving Engineering.
- Pursues a personal development program to maintain a competence level consistent with state-of-the-art and improvements in fields related to the Engineering activities.
- Advises the Supervisor on any problems affecting aircraft already delivered to customers and on problems affecting the safety of the aircraft in general.
- Assists junior Engineering personnel assigned to his area.
- Carries out other assignments as directed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of aircraft structures and systems installation technical requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft materials and hardware, company practices and standards, as well as aeronautical Engineering standards and specifications.
- Competence in Catia V4 to a Level sufficient to perform the day to day Tasks.
- ( Catia V5, AutoCAD and/or other 3D Software is an asset )
- Fully conversant with Catia V4 Wire Frame, Solids and Surfaces
- Knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5 along with Tolerance Analysis Capabilities.
- Experience with Dassault 3DExperience or similar Product Data Management (PDM) Software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with a high sense of commitment, and a willingness to accept responsibilities while acting independently in a high-pressure partner/supplier team environment.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of a recognized technical institute, college, or university, majoring in Engineering or relevant Experience.
- Minimum five years’ Catia V4 Designer, preferably on Bombardier Programs.
- Previous MRB experience in Aerospace considered an asset.
- Ability to work shifts to accommodate production scheduling.
- Past experience within an aerospace or manufacturing environment, considered an asset.
- Previous MRB Liaison Engineering experience considered an asset.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new tasks.
- Exposure to quality systems and safety fundamentals.
- English is our primary language of business, please send only English resume
- This Job is located in GTA by Toronto Airport, you must be willing to relocate to Toronto.
- We will give priority to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residence.
MHI Canada Aerospace, a subsidiary of Japan-based Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, assembles major airframe components such as wings and fuselage for Bombardier Aerospace, specifically for the Global Express and the Challenger 350, both high speed business jets.
- Tier 1 Aero Structures Facility
- Employee Incentive Plan (EIP) for Targets Achieved
- Extensive Training Program
- Employee Recruitment Referral Program
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Corporate Partnerships
- Advancement Opportunities (after 1 year in current role)
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?