Senior Quality Engineer
Description du poste
Scope of Position
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for driving strategic quality initiatives while working directly with both internal and external customers. This position will drive systemic quality improvement throughout MHICA. The Senior Quality Engineer has the responsibility to identify opportunities and provide leadership to make quality a competitive advantage for MHICA organization and its customers.
- Maintain and create indicators to monitor quality improvement process.
- Key role in interaction with the customer regarding ongoing issues/ projects.
- Work closely with the shop floor to support R.C.A. on internal/external issues.
- Work cross functionally to facilitate containment/closure of non-conformances.
- Track and monitor non-conformances data and participate in process improvements.
- Assist with AS9100 maintenance, audit process and related remedial measures.
- Mentor/lead other Quality Engineers as required or as assigned.
- Key role in customer audits, quality system audits, process product audits and effective corrective action closure.
- Identify and execute projects leading to standardization of inspection process and root cause analysis activities.
- Maintain proactive MHICA quality requirements and quality focus, which translates into better customer quality and continuous improvement.
Education & Other Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering.
- A strong quality background in aerospace industry, familiarity with aerospace parts and assemblies, manufacturing (machining) and assembly processes.
- CQE/CQA certification with ASQ would be an asset
- Exposure to AS9100 / TS16949
- Min. 5-10 years of experience in aerospace and/or automotive quality with progressively increasing level of responsibility. Including communication with customers / suppliers
- Knowledge regarding structural assembly process related to machined, sheet metal aircraft components and familiarity with inspection requirements preferred.
- Corrective Actions, statistical data analysis and problem solving methodologies.
- Superior ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Good decision-making skills and ability to interact with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- Ability and willingness to complete work on a fixed and demanding schedule and follow up on outstanding issues in a timely fashion.
- Excellent planning skills, strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Maintain professionalism and ability to accomplish duties required effectively and efficiently.
- Some supervisory experience is an asset.
- English is our primary language of business, please send only English resume
- This Job is located in GTA by Toronto Airport, you must be willing to relocate to Toronto.
- We will give priority to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residence.
Please note, the Company will conduct a criminal background check upon hire.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents will be given preference.
MHI Canada Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. MHICA is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). MHICA will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
MHI Canada Aerospace, a subsidiary of Japan-based Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, assembles major airframe components such as wings and fuselage for Bombardier Aerospace, specifically for the Global Express and the Challenger 350, both high speed business jets.
- Tier 1 Aero Structures Facility
- Employee Incentive Plan (EIP) for Targets Achieved
- Extensive Training Program
- Employee Recruitment Referral Program
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Corporate Partnerships
- Advancement Opportunities (after 1 year in current role)
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?