Description du poste
Reporting to Production Supervisor Sealer is responsible for aircraft fuel tank sealing process while conforming to production demand/schedules and adhering to all applicable Company Health and Safety policies, procedures and safe work practices.
Sealers clean and seal fuel tank/airplane components and other parts of the aircraft. This position may require working in confined spaces of the wing fuel cells. Employees may be required to crawl through a small opening in order to get inside the fuel cell.
- Set up In-Tank tools at the beginning of the shift (i.e. lights, gun, spatulas etc.)
- Communicate with co-workers about coordinating/planning of work duties at the beginning of shift.
- Report work progress at the end of the shift.
- Clean tank: vacuum and remove all FOD, use correct solvent, wipe heads of fasteners, tank rim and all surfaces where seal is applied.
- Apply seal to specifications; fillet seal, dome seal, injection seal.
- Indicate seal has been applied (wet seal) using tape and other tools.
- Keep work area clean and tidy; dispose of hazardous waste and store tools.
- Troubleshoot and problem- solve to come up with creative solutions when faced with obstacles to keep up with production demand.
- Use mirror technique of sealer application when working in an area that is not clearly visible.
- Use MSDS sheets to execute safety precautions when working with hazardous chemicals.
- Use correct solvent for application in specific work areas.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- High School Diploma. ·
- An Aircraft Maintenance Diploma is an asset.
- One to four years of Aerospace experience required.
- Past experience in caulking (tiles and windows) is an asset.
- Must be physically fit, energetic, agile, willing and able to:
- work in restricted spaces (tanks)
- work at heights (3rd floor of jigs)
- work rotating shifts when and as required
- bend, twist, walk on uneven surfaces and climb stairs repeatedly during shift
- perform heavy lifting (< 40 lbs) as needed to perform the job
- stand for 7 hours of an 8 hour shift
- English is our primary language of business, please send only English resume
- This Job is located in GTA by Toronto Airport, you must be willing to relocate to Toronto.
- We will give priority to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residence.
MHI Canada Aerospace, a subsidiary of Japan-based Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, assembles major airframe components such as wings and fuselage for Bombardier Aerospace, specifically for the Global Express and the Challenger 350, both high speed business jets.
- Tier 1 Aero Structures Facility
- Employee Incentive Plan (EIP) for Targets Achieved
- Extensive Training Program
- Employee Recruitment Referral Program
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Corporate Partnerships
- Advancement Opportunities (after 1 year in current role)
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?