Description du poste
Reporting to Supervisor, Quality Assurance the NDT Technician will be responsible for examining the physical properties of materials and cracks, flaws and other imperfections on aircraft parts.
- Reviews test orders to determine type of test requested, test procedures to follow, and part acceptability criteria;
- Determines test equipment settings according to type of metal, thickness, distance from test equipment, and related variables, using standard formulas;
- Calibrates test equipment, Eddy current, LPI, Light Senor, ultrasonic Thickness tester to standard settings, following manual instructions
- Sets up equipment to perform tests, and conducts tests on parts, following procedures established for specified tests performed;
- Examines surface-treated materials during penetrant to locate and identify cracks or other defects, using black light;
- Evaluates test results against designated standards, utilizing knowledge of metals and testing experience;
- Prepares reports outlining findings and conclusions
- Minimum of 3 years aviation NDT experience
- Solid experience in Ultrasonic (Level 2 preferred, thickness minimum) and Eddy Current Level 2 (must have completed all necessary practical hours), LPI, aircraft inspections
- Degree/diploma in a related field; preferably Aerospace
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Quality Assurance position within the aerospace industry
- Must be able to pass in house exams for all processes and customer audits prior to approval
- Eye exam required on annual basis to perform duties.
- Must possess ability to comprehend, evaluate, and write procedures as necessary, specifications and instruction material.
- Must possess ability to operate formulas and computer spreadsheets.
- Must possess ability to interpret drawings, prints, and customer purchase order data.
- Must possess ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations, minor algebra.
- May require heavy lifting (approximately 50lbs).
- Must possess independent motivation and attention to detail
- Must be a team player and be able to get along with co-workers
- English is our primary language of business, please send only English resume
- This Job is located in GTA by Toronto Airport, you must be willing to relocate to Toronto.
- We will give priority to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residence.
MHI Canada Aerospace, a subsidiary of Japan-based Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, assembles major airframe components such as wings and fuselage for Bombardier Aerospace, specifically for the Global Express and the Challenger 350, both high speed business jets.
- Tier 1 Aero Structures Facility
- Employee Incentive Plan (EIP) for Targets Achieved
- Extensive Training Program
- Employee Recruitment Referral Program
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Corporate Partnerships
- Advancement Opportunities (after 1 year in current role)
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?