NDT QA Inspector
Description du poste
Reporting to Supervisor, Quality Assurance the NDT QA Inspector will be responsible for examining the physical properties of materials and cracks, flaws and other imperfections on aircraft parts.
- Reviews test orders to determine type of test requested, test procedures to follow, and part acceptability criteria;
- Determines test equipment settings according to type of metal, thickness, distance from test equipment, and related variables, using standard formulas;
- Calibrates test equipment, Eddy current, LPI, Light Senor, ultrasonic Thickness tester to standard settings, following manual instructions
- Sets up equipment to perform tests, and conducts tests on parts, following procedures established for specified tests performed;
- Examines surface-treated materials during penetrant to locate and identify cracks or other defects, using black light;
- Evaluates test results against designated standards, utilizing knowledge of metals and testing experience;
- Prepares reports outlining findings and conclusions;
- Minimum of 3 years aviation NDT experience
- Solid experience in Ultrasonic (Level 2 preferred, thickness minimum) and Eddy Current Level 2 (must have completed all necessary practical hours), LPI, aircraft inspections
- Degree/diploma in a related field; preferably Aerospace
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Quality Assurance position within the aerospace industry
- Must be able to pass in house exams for all processes and customer audits prior to approval
- Eye exam required on annual basis to perform duties.
- Must possess ability to comprehend, evaluate, and write procedures as necessary, specifications and instruction material.
- Must possess ability to operate formulas and computer spreadsheets.
- Must possess ability to interpret drawings, prints, and customer purchase order data.
- Must possess ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations, minor algebra.
- May require heavy lifting (approximately 50lbs).
- Must possess independent motivation and attention to detail
- Must be a team player and be able to get along with co-workers
- English is our primary language of business, please send only English resume
- This Job is located in GTA by Toronto Airport, you must be willing to relocate to Toronto.
- We will give priority to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residence.
MHI Canada Aerospace, a subsidiary of Japan-based Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, assembles major airframe components such as wings and fuselage for Bombardier Aerospace, specifically for the Global Express and the Challenger 350, both high speed business jets.
- Tier 1 Aero Structures Facility
- Employee Incentive Plan (EIP) for Targets Achieved
- Extensive Training Program
- Employee Recruitment Referral Program
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Corporate Partnerships
- Advancement Opportunities (after 1 year in current role)
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?