Description du poste
The Commodity Manager (CM), reporting to the Manager, Commodity Management is responsible for the sourcing of requirements related to production components and materials. The CM engages with stakeholders to understand business requirements, identifies current or potential sources of supply, requests RF(x), evaluates supplier RF(x) submissions against established budgets and/or target costs for final award. The CM maintains ongoing contract maintenance through the life of the contract(s).
- Execute strategic and tactical sourcing projects as defined by established statement of work packages or as required by specific business unit requirements.
- Evaluate and develop the supply base including the introduction of new potential sources of supply as appropriate to meet the current and future needs of the business.
- Develop and lead supplier capability studies as required.
- Draft and negotiate agreements with suppliers ensuring that MHI/MHICA principles and process requirements are applied.
- Manage and maintain supplier contracts, agreements, and policies from commencement of negotiations through regular performance reviews.
- Ensure continuous improvement in terms of cost, quality, delivery, and new product introduction.
- Lead all change management within the supply base from evaluation to implementation.
- Engage in and develop Make/Buy and Buy/Buy initiatives.
- Manage all transitions and new product introduction by working closely with assigned suppliers from development through to product launch, ensuring compliance to process, industrialization plans, and coordinating on time submission of FAI’s. Ensures supplier production sustainability.
- Develops and manages effective relationships with internal departments: ie. engineering, manufacturing, accounting, planning/materials, procurement and quality.
- Develops and maintains strong productive working relationships with suppliers to ensure optimum success.
Education & Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum 5 years’ related experience within an aerospace or manufacturing environment. Aerospace considered a definite asset.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree, a minimum 10 to 15 years’ related experience within Aerospace/Supply Chain
- Exposure to quality systems.
- Ability to review and relate Aerospace Engineering Drawings and Specifications, considered an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of machining and sheet metal manufacturing processes.
- Current established relationships within Tier II and Tier III aerospace suppliers, considered an asset.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of Material Requirements Planning concepts and systems.
- Excellent organization skills required.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Good time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong MS Office skills
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be customer-focused, team oriented and accountable
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to accomplish duties required effectively and efficiently.
- English is our primary language of business, please send only English resume
- This Job is located in GTA by Toronto Airport, you must be willing to relocate to Toronto.
- We will give priority to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residence.
MHI Canada Aerospace, a subsidiary of Japan-based Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, assembles major airframe components such as wings and fuselage for Bombardier Aerospace, specifically for the Global Express and the Challenger 350, both high speed business jets.
- Tier 1 Aero Structures Facility
- Employee Incentive Plan (EIP) for Targets Achieved
- Extensive Training Program
- Employee Recruitment Referral Program
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Corporate Partnerships
- Advancement Opportunities (after 1 year in current role)
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?