Manager, Training and Development - Cargo - Montreal
Description du poste
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Director Cargo Transformation, the incumbent is responsible for planning, developing, establishing and implementing training and employee development strategies and objectives globally in order to comply with regulations and industry standards (IOSA, SMS, etc.).
- Provide strategic direction for the design, delivery and scheduling of all training programs, regulatory and non-regulatory, to support corporate goals and objectives.
- Liaise with the managers responsible for Regulatory, Dangerous Goods and Safety in order to maintain the program current with any regulatory changes.
- Responsible for ensuring programs are designed and delivered in accordance with Transport Canada Regulations, IOSA standards and Air Canada Corporate Standards and ensure consistency system wide.
- Maintain regular communication with Stations and Corporate Resource Planning to ensure that all training activities meet the expectations and operational needs of the Branch.
- Provide direction and financial allocation resources are made available for the maintenance of all training equipment and facilities and meet the Corporate Safety, Security, Environmental, Quality, SMS, Branch and Occupational Health & Safety Objectives
- Implement centralized tracking mechanisms, to better understand training requirements, as well as, forecast staff qualifications, training requirements and maintain accurate record keeping.
- Manage staffing levels and scheduling plans to design and deliver all training programs within the organization.
- Assist with the preparation of the Cargo operating budget, by updating the training projections.
- Liaise with Air Canada Training Development department regarding course content.
- Ability to work strategically, develop comprehensive learning and organizational development strategies to address current and future business needs.
- Familiarity with technical projects and Cargo automation tools (e.g. Weblynx, SmartLoad, iLynx an asset)
- Excellent comprehension and familiarity with job related publications (e.g. Publication 173/177, an asset)
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and engage people.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be proactive
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain deadlines.
- Recognized University degree, preferably in Education, Adult Education an asset.
- Instructional Techniques certification, an asset.
- Instructional Course Design certification, an asset.
- Strong PC skills i.e. Office, video editing, e-learning authoring tools is preferred.
- Corporate Safety Management System (SIMS) AQD
- Corporate Risk Assessment
- SMS Safety Management System
- CAR’s (Canadian Aviation Regulations)
- Legal requirements and responsibilities (CARS, TC, COSHR, ICAO, etc.)
- Security Regulations
- Dangerous Goods Regulations Specialist Training
- Accreditation in Quality Auditing and Quality Management (ASQ, CQMgr, CQA, CQE, CQT)
- Pub 100 Corporate Safety Management Manual
- Air Canada Cargo Quality Manual (ACCQM)
- IOSA Standards
- Corporate Environment guidelines
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?