Manager, Strategic Procurement IT - Montreal
Description du poste
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada, ranked among the top five most attractive companies to work for in Canada, is seeking a Manager of Strategic Procurement (IT), who will be based at our Montreal Headquarters.
Strategic Procurement (SP) is comprised of several Category Management teams and a Knowledge Management (KM) team. The successful candidate will play a key role as a category manager for Information Technology (IT). Given the cross-functional nature of IT procurement at Air Canada, this opportunity will provide interaction with key stakeholders in many parts of the organization.
This role requires someone who will be a key contributor to important sourcing projects for Air Canada. The successful candidate will apply a passion for leadership and collaboration in order to obtain the best value for the airline and to develop mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers.
The Manager, Strategic Procurement (IT) will acquire essential IT services, systems, and infrastructure.
In this role, responsibilities will include activities such as partnering with internal business units and the IT department, establishing sourcing strategies, seeking proposals, conducting commercial and contractual negotiations, and contributing to the overall improvement of procurement practices at Air Canada.
- Establish IT category procurement strategies
- Develop and maintain an understanding of emerging industry and supply market trends to strengthen Air Canada’s negotiating positions
- Analyse and monitor category spend in order to uncover strategic sourcing and potential supplier consolidation opportunities
- Work with the KM team to conduct research and analysis
- Stay abreast of the Air Canada IT strategy through collaboration with the IT department and other business units
- Lead and manage procurement events
- Conduct supply market research and baseline spend analysis
- Work with cross functional teams to determine business requirements and establish sourcing strategies
- Prepare and issue RFPs, evaluate responses and conduct negotiations
- Negotiate and execute contracts
- Ensure that Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) is in place at the conclusion of an event
- Contribute to the improvement of internal procurement practices
- Participate in the establishment of best-in-class procurement methods
- Devise models to evaluate supplier proposals using quantitative and qualitative criteria
- Provide input for the development of standard templates and reusable methods of clear communication
- Act as an ambassador for Strategic Procurement and Air Canada
- Further develop SP relationships with internal customers
- Effectively communicate and promote the successes of SP
- Actively engage in learning Air Canada’s business processes
- Continually seek areas for improvement
In addition to a University degree in a relevant field of study (commerce, law, information technology, engineering), the successful candidate will demonstrate excellent analytical, communication, negotiation, and project management skills plus the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and accommodate changing priorities. A strong entrepreneurial spirit and desire to learn will also be essential. Strong organizational skills are essential and an MBA or procurement designation is desirable.
Due to the confidential nature of the work, a high degree of professionalism and discretion is required. Flexibility with work hours and occasional travel may also be necessary.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?