Manager, Product Planning & Strategy, Bombardier Business Aircraft
Description du poste
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Execute the overall team mandate of increasing the competitiveness and profitability of our business aircraft products:
- Develop and communicate product strategy and objectives for the product development community.
- Focus product development efforts on customer needs while drawing on a detailed understanding of competitor’s products, evolving customer needs, industry trends, and emerging technologies related to business aircraft.
- Develop technical/market/customer requirements for upgrades to existing products and for new products.
- Stretch engineering teams to find creative and innovative technical solutions to meet market/customer requirements.
- Manage a team of highly motivated professionals each having both strong technical and business/marketing expertise.
- Coordinate the development of long-term product strategy and product line plans with advanced design engineering and business unit senior management:
- Guide team in competitor benchmarking, gathering customer feedback in focus groups and surveys, and in using this analysis to develop plans for new product introductions.
- For large product development projects, manage the approval process of the project through the different phases of the company’s capital budgeting process.
- Support the marketing launch of new products with training of creative marketing personnel and training of sales team and support staff on product benefits.
- Drive a strong customer focus in the development of new products by organizing and coordinating customer steering teams and focus groups.
- Develop shorter-term product plans and enhancements to ensure market competitiveness on existing products.
- Lead annual development of product roadmap to ensure incorporation of emerging technologies, industry and regulatory changes as well as market trends.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining the legal / contractual technical description of the aircraft specification and performance used by sales and contracts.
- Lead the development of the aircraft variability and customization strategy to maximize market penetration and product profitability.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a university degree in engineering, preferably mechanical or aerospace with a minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in aerospace including a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a management role.
- You hold an MBA, which would be a definite asset - alternatively significant business experience is a requirement.
- You have solid understanding of aircraft performance and systems.
- You have in-depth knowledge of the aviation industry, including existing and emerging aviation technologies.
- You have strong corporate agility, strong soft skills, credibility, and the persuasiveness required to influence decisions without having formal authority.
- You have strong oral and written English communications skills. Functional French communication skills considered an asset.
- You have a demonstrated track record in finding creative ways to solve complex business problems
- You have the ability to present complex ideas to a senior audience in a compelling manner, and are also capable of presenting products to a refined, distinguished audience, such as business aircraft customers.
- You have strong business & financial acumen, a strategic mindset, and easily switch between micro and big picture view.
- You have clearly adherence and demonstrate Bombardier's Fundamental Values and Leadership Attributes.
- You have the ability to travel periodically (5-15%)
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal Dorval
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 12.01.2018, 7:45:08 PM
Job Segment: Strategic Planning, Product Development, Marketing Manager, Engineer, Manager, Strategy, Research, Marketing, Engineering, Management
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?