Manager, Operational Maintenance Information Systems - Toronto
Description du poste
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The incumbent will be responsible for development and/or deployment of IT systems used within the Operational areas for the Air Canada Maintenance (ACM) Branch. The goal is to ensure consistency in IT applications/architecture, alignment with Corporate IT policies and protocols and capitalize on synergies where and when possible.
Providing leadership on technology capabilities, consulting services and providing architectural direction to project and development teams in support of Line Maintenance, Stores and Logistics
Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
Provide technical leadership during crisis and major incidents
Development of a vision and implementation plan to standardize and leverage applications across ACM Departments while working closely with other Operations branches (Flight Operations, System Operations Control, Corporate Safety, Airports, and Inflight Service).
Work closely with team members within the Operations IT, Customer Service IT and Corporate IT teams to leverage expertise and systems across multiple departments or branches.
Represent the overall ACM Operations IT team on corporate initiatives for technical and architectural items as required
Identify opportunities for efficiencies and cost reductions through new technology and/or the leveraging technology across the organization.
Participate in the technical review and selection of new applications and manage the project implementation support.
Manage relationships with IBM, Bell, and other key suppliers.
Liaise with Corporate IT, Customer Service IT and Commercial IT to optimize and integrate the technology plans across the organization.
Foster a highly cooperative and productive team environment with a strict adherence to proper project management methodology.
Representative on Technical Steering Committees.
Maintain system integrity by ensuring proper testing methodology.
Define and communicate goals, objectives, expectations and performance measures.
Be recognized as a role model for leadership excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Information Systems or Business, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of Air Canada operations and existing policies and procedures
- Proven architectural background and technical writing skills.
- Proven skills in application architecture design, including adoption of methodologies that fully document designs and architectural standards
- Detailed understanding of proper project management methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to develop vision and implementation plans that achieve objectives
- Proven ability to develop business cases
- Recognized leader
- Financial acumen
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to effectively present information and cases to Senior Management
- Airline maintenance processes and systems knowledge an asset
- Experience in managing people an asset
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?