Labour Relations Advisor - Toronto
Description du poste
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Labour Relations Advisor will provide credible and knowledgeable advice in all areas of Labour Relations, including interpretation of the Collective Agreement, the Canada Labour Code, arbitrations and jurisprudence to management and personnel responsible for bargaining unit employees.
- Assist the Manager, Labour Relations, in the day-to-day interaction with bargaining unit representatives and line management as it relates to labour relations.
- Assist with grievance handling and the administration of collective agreements and all other corporate policies applicable to bargaining unit employees.
- Liaise with union representatives to promote a cooperative and effective labour relations climate.
- Prepare and conduct training on assorted labour relations matter such as the Collective Agreement, Canada Labour Code, attendance, applications of discipline and effective conflict resolution.
- Research grievance / arbitration and bargaining issues.
- Represent the Company at grievance and arbitration hearings.
- Provide support and assistance in the negotiations of major collective agreements.
- Represent the Company at various external agencies, e.g. CLRB, FETCO, HRDC.
- Prepare Arbitration Briefs.
- Provide advice and support to management personnel on Labour Relations matters.
- Update, maintain and administer seniority lists, transfers, promotions, layoffs, recalls for Unifor employees.
- Prepare letters for seniority queries and acknowledge transfer requests.
- Assess out-of-scope assignments for change in seniority.
- Coordinate time clearances.
- Attend various meetings with the Union, on Manpower Recall, on rules, etc.
Undergraduate Degree in Industrial Relations with Labour Relations experience, or equivalent.
- Master’s in Industrial Relations – recent graduate an asset.
- Relevant experience in the discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English & French.
- Strong negotiating abilities, good judgment and a good sense of initiative.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimum supervision; aptitude to cope with heavy workload.
- Ability to travel as well as work extended hours as required.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel)
- A high degree of diplomacy, discretion, judgement and confidentiality is essential.
- Team player.
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?