Description du poste
REQUISITION NUMBER: TFEN-CASB01583583
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in St. Bruno, Quebec you will develop the overall architecture of the product and prepare a detailed study of the project entrusted to you, following general instructions from the engineering specifications and customer standards.
You will also provide technical support, if needed, to senior, intermediate and junior mechanical designers, and manage a pool of available resources.
In your role you will:
- Design and model, with the appropriate software, among others CATIA V5, drafts of projects, so you will study the elements, the position of parts in an assembly, the kinematics of their movements, their forms and their development, etc.;
- Calculate section properties, determine the type of material to use and the size of certain parts groups ; In some cases, you may determine calculations of single loads and prepare a design that minimizes costs and weight;
- Define work steps, timelines of deliverables, prepare work queries and/or mock-ups for the drawing department, give instructions to draftsmen and follow the work progress;
- Prepare your work schedule in order to meet deliverables and raise all problems that may arise and affect the achievement of the expected objectives;
- Participate, with engineers from methods and industrialization, to the definition of manufacturing guidelines and follow-up the production;
- Validate CATIA models (virtual models);
- During work progress, verify the virtual models, ensure the similarity of the general concepts of mock-ups and drawings, the compatibility between them and take necessary corrective actions;
- Check the technical content of drawings and ensure a total quality of your work before providing it;
- Develop, in collaboration with the departments involved, specific mechanisms of assembly and installation, taking into account manufacturing capacity of the plant operations and maintenance;
- Establish general tolerances for assembly and conduct studies of functional tolerances;
- Promote learning and development of employees by giving them feedback and providing them with incentives to help them realize their full potential and achieve a higher performance;
- Support team members to achieve their development plans and encourage employees to achieve a common goal;
- Show an ability to inspire, to motivate others, to enthuse and reward success;
- Be able to facilitate the achievement of a consensus, to resolve conflicts and find acceptable compromises;
- Encourage collaboration between teams and set an example;
- Persuade, convince and influence others in getting their commitment and support through specific behaviours or lines of action;
- Understand views of others;
- Establish, build and use a network of supports.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a Bachelor Degree of Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- You have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a related area;
- You posses knowledge of relevant software, including: CATIA V5, 3Dcom, suite MS Office, SAP (will be considered as an asset);
- You demonstrate strong leadership and problem solving skills;
- You are fluent in English and French (both spoken and written).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: CAD Draftsman/Design
Primary Location: CA-QC-St. Bruno
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 07.05.2018, 3:15:52 PM
Job Segment: Engineer, CAD, Drafting, ERP, SAP, Engineering, Technology
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?