Electromagnetic Compability Engineer
Description du poste
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Be responsible at the aircraft and system level for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMI)/High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF)/Lightning Strike/ Electrostatic Discharge technical requirements.
- Have knowledge of relevant industry standards (RTCA/DO-160, SAE ARP) and high level of familiarity with airworthiness (TCCA, FAA, EASA) Regulations and Advisory Materials pertaining to EMI, HIRF, Lightning and Electrostatic Discharge.
- Execute intermediate to complex engineering assignments related to EMI, HIRF, and Lightning and Electrostatic Discharge requirements.
- Analyze new systems designs, assess technical impacts, propose EMC compliance approaches, review/approve technical documents, test plans, test procedures and test reports, and check compliance with certification regulations
- Define scope of work for EMC effort of technical/engineering projects, estimate the time required, plan, highlights technical risks and execute according to priorities.
- Define technical requirements, test requirements and perform detailed analysis to ensure aircraft and systems compliance to EMC certification regulations.
- Prepare EMI, HIRF, Lightning and Electrostatic Discharge test procedures, execute tests in laboratories and on aircraft and generate results and analysis test reports.
- Support and witness EMC tests in Canada, United States and Europe as needed
- Prepare Certification Design Compliance Reports
- Apply and recommend improvements to Bombardier Aerospace standards and best practices
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a Master degree in Electrical or EMC Engineering, or alternatively a Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Physics Engineering with a minimum of eight (5) years of experience in aircraft EMC/HIRF/Lightning/Electrostatic Discharge (FAR 25.981 is an asset),
- You have 5 years of experience or more in an aerospace manufacturing company,
- You have EMC bench and/or aircraft testing experience,
- You have a minimum of five (5) years working experience with systems qualification/certification,
- You have knowledge of harness design, aircraft design principles including familiarity with aircraft regulatory requirements,
- You are proficient with the use of PC including Microsoft Office software tools.
- You are an energetic person with strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, a high sense of commitment, and a willingness to accept responsibilities while acting independently in a high-pressure partner/supplier team environment.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Electromagnetic Compatibility
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal Dorval
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 11.06.2018, 8:04:57 AM
Job Segment: Aerospace, Physics, Electrical, Testing, Compliance, Aviation, Science, Engineering, Technology, Legal
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?