Director, Infrastructure Service Delivery - Montreal
Description du poste
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is seeking an experienced and dynamic executive to lead the delivery of Infrastructure Services in the areas of Core Infrastructure, Networks, and Cloud Services in order to support Air Canada operations and strategic growth. The mandate is to maintain safe, reliable and secure operations while evolving to address the needs of the future. This position requires strong service delivery and team (and virtual team) leadership.
These are exciting times for IT at Air Canada, with many major projects underway that will transform the IT landscape in the company, such as the replacement of the company’s core Passenger Service System, a new Loyalty Program and a new Operations Platform. Air Canada is also investing in new technologies that will facilitate its digital transformation. This is a unique opportunity to work with state of the art technologies, to build and lead a strong technical team of staff and supporting partners, and to contribute to the creation of the Air Canada of tomorrow.
Air Canada emphasis on employee engagement, customer satisfaction and effective IT services for safe, reliable and secure operations are driving the need for wholescale improvements to network capacity, resilience and a major change in design. There is a significant shift in the type, volume and path of data which drives the need for a higher percentage of data at different qualities of service. The data centers are in need of refreshment or replacement as the company eases toward a heavier cloud footprint, higher performance, and greater resilience for critical services.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Core Infrastructure and Networks. The individual will interact with other leaders within IT, with executives, project teams and staff of other departments, with IT business partners, with external service partners, with airport technical staff, and with the members of the Network and Core infrastructure team.
- Lead the service and project delivery efforts regarding networks, core infrastructure, and cloud services to satisfy the needs of strategic growth and the issues of today while preparing Air Canada for the future.
- Manage a diverse team of internal staff and external vendors to deliver projects, initiatives and complex changes on time, and on-budget, while maintaining a laser focus on risk management and the end user experience. Air Canada manages a complex environment with many external dependencies and proper planning and documentation are keys to success.
- Interact with Air Canada stakeholders, businesses and IT business partners to coordinate work and ensure their needs are met.
- Mentor vendors, project managers, and internal staff on how to successfully deliver large, complex projects while maintaining focus on long term sustainability.
- Deliver services and 10-20 projects in the range of $20 million per year across the entire Core Infrastructure and Networks team.
- A relevant University degree/technical certifications (and/or relevant experience)
- 10-20 years experience in project management with a proven track record with complex and critical IT Infrastructure projects
- A self starter with critical thinking, analytical approach, business acumen and decision making
- Bring a sense of urgency, customer advocacy and drive for results
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- A team player and proven leader with excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative attitude
- Relevant technical knowledge and experience with network and core infrastructure technologies, including cloud services and current technology trends
- Leadership of diverse teams of technology experts and vendor partners. Having worked with out-sourcing or vendor partners is critical
- Familiarity with the airline industry is an asset, and transportation/logistics background is also an asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?