Director, Enterprise Data/Analytics - Montreal or Toronto
Description du poste
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Responsible for the definition of the Strategic Data Vision and Future State Architecture of the Data Management & Analytics Center of Expertise as it relates to shared data and the value as an asset. This includes ensuring the structure of the data fabric and data flows will all work together in harmony.
Participate and provide seasoned guidance in the planning and delivery of analytics applications, data structures and related data platform technical solutions, especially from an architecture perspective, providing leadership and direction to project teams, as needed
Work closely with the business functional areas data leads in defining data systems/project priorities, scope and timing of deliverables to coach and assist (act as advisor to) the business in creating its data roadmaps, make sure the Air Canada data vision is kept up to date and give proper guidance to the DMACoE team members
Review projects submitted by the PMO and offer opinion about possible missing data-related activities, data management components to build or data-related opportunities as they fit in the Strategic Data Vision and Future State Architecture of the data fabric at Air Canada.
Participate in and facilitate the Data Governance Council as a thought leader, preparing material for the Council to consider in order to take key decisions and draft policies, either on enterprise data solutions and strategies or from a data governance viewpoint.
Work with business users, IT security and enterprise architecture to analyze, define and document data classification, data sources, technologies, processes and compliance requirements as they relate to the vision and the constraints it must consider in its design
Serve as a business architect and develop a good understanding of critical business processes and their data dependencies, contributing strategies and how the Data Vision supports key projects like PSS ands Loyalty.
Steward of the target and current implementation status of the data fabric’s components, building blocks, Air Canada data flows and the data fabric’s overall Logical Data Model & Structure (canonical model).
Recommend improvements to data fabric architecture by providing business cases.
Recommend application enhancements, metadata and standards.
Perform market scans and identify important trends and technologies that are worthy candidates for performing feasibility exercises, including POC’s, to further optimize Design, Data Analytic Processes, Data Usage and Data Quality and Integrity.
Participate with strategic vendors in the areas of IT data infrastructure and software systems as they relate to the management of data.
Provide recommendations for data architecture and database strategies and communicate data architecture concepts, strategies and standards throughout the organization.
- Tangible experience with multiple database types and familiarity with the establishment of data schemas and taxonomies, canonical models, business intelligence, data management, NoSQL, and big data (Hadoop, AWS S3, etc.)
- Preference for a master’s degree with at least 7-10 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in data management and data warehousing technologies.
- Robust Data Architecture skills - sets direction for and possesses a deep understanding of data architecture and strategies which integrate with industry trends, Enterprise Data Modeling expertise
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective writing and presentation skills: clearly communicates complex technical and business concepts to leaders and key stakeholders in both technical and non-technical roles
- Proactive, decisive, action-oriented individual.
- Ability to build credibility with many audiences.
- Demonstrated success leading, coaching, mentoring and training members of a team
- Exceptional organizational, communication (oral and written), and problem-solving skills
- Experience balancing and leading the prioritization of new project efforts
- Strong attention to detail and the need for solutions to work and be flexible
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment, respond immediately to multiple constituencies and meet established deadlines
- Ability to work in a team, with technical and non-technical personnel, and across departmental boundaries
- Ability to anticipate short term and long term demands of stakeholders
- Flexibility to meet changing departmental needs
- Experience in full-lifecycle development processes related to data modeling / warehousing, business intelligence, and application development
- Proficiency in Relational Databases (Teradata and cloud PaaS data warehousing databases preferred)
- Data Management expertise developing, executing and supervising plans, policies, programs, and practices
- Experience in the Development of Data Strategy and associated policies
- This is not an operational role. Should have a strategic outlook and bring thought leadership to every task
- Experience with data extraction and warehousing (Informatica, Talend preferred)
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?