Director, Artificial Intelligence - Montreal
Description du poste
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is seeking an experienced and dynamic technology leader to run and evolve the information technology foundation for artificial intelligence to support Air Canada’s strategic growth. The mandate is to prescribe a Big Data and AI ecosystem to evolve and automate experiences for customers, employees and partners while also exposing and capturing opportunities to apply AI capabilities within Air Canada’s operations. This position requires strong team and technology leadership.
These are exciting times for technology at Air Canada, with many major projects underway that will transform the digital landscape in the company, such as the replacement of the company’s core Passenger Service System, a new Loyalty Program, a new Customer Experience platform, and a new Operations Platform. Air Canada is also investing in new technologies that will facilitate our ability to rapidly evolve our artificial intelligence capabilities, with a focus on machine learning. This is a unique opportunity to work with state of the art technologies, to build and lead a strong technical team of staff and supporting partners, and to contribute to the creation of the Air Canada of tomorrow.
Air Canada’s emphasis on employee engagement, customer experience and reliable technology services for the digital channel and artificial intelligence capabilities is driving significant improvements in design and approach. There is also an important shift in the type, volume and path of data which drives the need for a sophisticated approach to leverage the data to offer artificial intelligence capabilities and services.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Data and Digital Enablement. The individual will interact with other leaders within IT, with executives and staff of other departments, with IT business partners, with external service partners, with operations technical staff, and with the members of the network and core infrastructure team.
The Director Artificial Intelligence will:
- Lead the evolution of the Air Canada artificial intelligence platform including cloud adoption to satisfy the needs of agility and strategic growth.
- Work with the CIO’s direct reports to define the detailed scope of AI, to ensure clear accountability and governance. In some cases, this will mean changes to how support is provided within the company, and in other cases deep collaboration with existing support structures.
- Stand up and manage a mixed team of staff and vendor partners with a view to retaining strong control over direction and execution of work, while ensuring efficiency and value. The combined vendor and staff team is approximately 25 people. The currently vendor structure should evolve significantly over the next two years.
- Oversee capacity and performance management of the AI platform to identify positive and negative trends and drive any needed changes in direction. Provide tier 2 and 3 support as required to IT operations in the event of any incidents.
- Establish roadmaps, target architecture and annual plans to guide investments in the digital platform over a three-year planning cycle.
- Plan and artificial intelligence / machine learning projects to implement the roadmap and annual plans.
- Interact with Air Canada businesses along with IT business partners to coordinate work and ensure their needs are met.
- Establish strong relationship with vendor partners to ensure strong delivery, innovation and ongoing improvement in receiving high value services.
- As a senior leader within IT, assist in driving the IT culture change toward an Engaged Team as defined in the IT Strategy, specifically the consistency of “How We Work” and key IT capabilities such as innovation, technology governance, portfolio management, integration and operations.
- Formalize a cadence for interactions with other areas of IT and the business to improve the efficacy and effectiveness of artificial intelligence capabilities.
- Establish an AI cloud strategy which is compatible with core infrastructure, networks and legacy applications. Ensure the strategy drives improvements to stability, cyber-security, core infrastructure performance and agility, while overall reducing capital/operating spend. Ensure the strategy includes people, process and technology related guidance, and maximizes the vendor/employee role balance.
- Manage an annual technology budget of operating and capital funds of approximately $5-20 million, and drive reduction of this budget through wise investment and automation.
- Oversee the execution of 10-15 projects annually covering all aspects of the role’s scope.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification (and/or relevant experience)
- 10-15 years experience in data and analytics solutions within a large company, in positions of leadership
- 5 years experience with operational research functions in a large company in positions of leadership
- A self starter with critical thinking, analytical approach, business acumen and decision making
- Bring a sense of urgency, customer advocacy and drive for results
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- A team player and proven leader with excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative attitude
- Relevant technical knowledge and experience with digital technologies, including cloud services and current technology trends
- Leadership of a large team of technology experts and vendor partners.
- At least five years experience with the airline industry is a strong asset, and transportation/logistics background is also an asset.
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?