SOFTWARE INTEGRATION & SUPPORT SPECIALIST (AEROSPACE)
Description du poste
CS Canada, a subsidiary of CS Communication & Systems a leader in the development of critical systems and software, aims to develop the expertise of the group in North America. CS Canada specializes in project management for development of critical embedded systems. With over 160 engineers, CS Canada puts its expertise to serve major clients primarily in aeronautics. Delivering services for advanced industrial sectors, CS Canada offers the possibility to its engineers to work on technically complex and exciting projects.
We are recognized for the excellence of our services, the quality of our work environment and the many benefits we offer our employees.
Today, CS Canada is seeking several integration & support specialists to integrate an engineering team within our client facility in Montréal.
- In an environment of high technologies and civil/military products, detect the software / hardware problems and take an active part in solving them while keeping the engineers and technicians concerned posted.
- Assemble the various software components in order to create the training product.
- Lead and offer technical support to software engineers during integration of their systems.
- Ensure software configuration management control.
- Responsible for the simulation platform, preparation and maintenance.
- Be the first point of contact for any technical matter on site.
- Ensure proper simulation operation.
- Pre-validate changes and corrections in the final product.
- Take part in the project integration plan and the weekly activities program.
- Travel to customer sites to complete and qualify the system. Support customer during acceptance phase.
- Provide project (status, risks, etc) information to upper management.
- Bachelor of Engineering or Computer science. Related experience in software or hardware integration an asset.
- Knowledge of C, C++ and FORTRAN programming languages and scripting languages.
- Knowledge of Microsoft development tools for Windows platform (Visual Studio .NET 2005 and higher).
- Knowledge of a configuration management tool e.g. Starteam.
- Knowledge of tools used for software debugging (.NET and/or Windbg, DBX, GDB).
- Knowledge of software debugging techniques.
- Knowledge of simulated systems and instruments/avionics interface an asset.
- Self-motivated, independent, dynamic, team player.
- Strong planning and organizational skill. Ability to adapt quickly to changes in technology.
- Demonstrate flexibility and strong project and assigned tasks ownership as well as ability to work and make decisions unsupervised.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good Knowledge of Windows and/or UNIX Environment and PC hardware.
- Availability to travel to customer sites (25% to 50% of the the time).
- Bilingualism (French and English) is required.
Please note that only the selected candidates will be contacted
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?