The Technical Project Manager (TPM) functions as the single point of contact for engineering on a development project. Responsible for the project management of the design & development activities, within the guidelines set by the Program Manager and Customer. This is an individual contributor role reporting to engineering and product line management.
- Tracks, reports and analyzes earned value metrics as required to understand project performance. Is able to recommend staffing and/or schedule adjustments based on these metrics. Reports overall engineering performance to plan as appropriate.
- Works with the program manager and engineering to develop the project execution plan and has primary execution responsibilities to ensure project remains within budget, on schedule and meets requirements.
- Generates project management bids for medium to high complexity development projects. Often creates the WBS and coordinates bid inputs for the entire engineering bid team. Supports schedule and cost estimations from engineering and provides backup data.
- Considered the customer's and Program Manager's technical point of contact on medium to high complexity program development.
- May lead medium to high complexity proposal efforts, coordinating inputs from various project engineers.
- Understands relationship of his/her projects to other development projects, defining strategic plan to leverage the investments across the business unit.
- Able to and may represent Rockwell Collins to the customer in the absence of the Program Manager.
- Works with the engineering teams to cite process improvements and enhance existing documentation.
- Supports the engineering team in the area of technical writing which may consist of brochures, user manuals, environmental test plans, design documentation and system level documentation.
- Supports the product line manager in interfacing with local and remote engineering teams to drive actions to conclusion.
- May support the finance team with project reporting and analysis including use of COBRA.
- Oversee reporting of manufacturing, hardware engineering and product line related activities as required.
- Works with the quality team to drive all audit actions and opportunities for improvement to conclusion.
- Interacts with subcontracts on outsource manufacturing selection related items as required.
- Lead integration related activities pertaining to gap assessment and reporting.
- May lead effort on activities related to REACH and obsolescence reporting.
Job Skills & Attributes:
- Networks internally and externally to develop and maintain relationships – a team player who thrives in a collaborative work environment.
- Solid communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong planning and organizational skills required, able to use a disciplined approach to achieve goals and meet customer commitments.
- A critical thinker, able to analyze issues, problems and opportunities to make sound decisions.
- Understanding of project management principles and earned value management.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Position requires a Bachelor's degree having a degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline is preffered; plus identified skills and experience.
- Background in communications engineering is desirable.
- Knowledge of military communications and data links in particular would be useful.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
We offer pension and savings plans, with company paid pension contributions and a company matching program on employee group RRSP contributions.
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on any protected status. Successful candidates must fulfill requirements for the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and be eligible for a Canadian Security Clearance to the Secret Level.