Electrical (and/or Mechanical) System Engineer III
Description du poste
The Electrical and/or Mechanical System Engineer works directly with potential customers and with products groups to define Engineering Solutions addressing customer needs and issues on their currently deployed fleet. The electrical system engineers will also support application and product groups to solve issues on legacy projects.
More specifically, the chosen candidate will:
- Analyze data from service project to improve system and products.
- Communicate on a regular basis with clients to influence client specifications for aftermarket orders and future OEM bids.
- Generate system requirement documents for the products.
- Participate in internal design reviews and external system reviews with the clients.
- Could coordinate engineering activities for R&D projects.
- Develop standard methods and train others to:
- Estimate the effort to design and document Engineering Solution products.
- Plan and schedule some R&D activities.
- Participate in the estimation of engineering activity and product costs.
- Give technical presentations to customers.
- Support the selection and qualification of suppliers and support the bid and advanced development group.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent recognized by the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec
- Member of the Québec Order of Engineers
- A minimum of 10 years of pertinent experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with direct customer experience ▪ Proven experience in a formal project development environment
Competencies / Abilities
- Reading / interpreting electronic and electrical schematics.
- System level design of mechanical, electrical & electronic with embedded software products.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) by the Project Management Institute (PMI) is an asset
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio), MS Project or other planning software application
- Proven communication skills, able to efficiently explain complex technical issues
- Customer oriented
- Strong negotiating skills
- Proven leadership and accountability
- Must be bilingual (French and English), English written ability is critical
- Available to travel 25% of the time.
- Master’s degree in Engineering Management, MBA or equivalent
- Experience in the rail transit and manufacturing industry
- Product costing and company financials
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) by the Project Management Institute (PMI) ✓ SolidWorks & AutoCAD 2014.
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?