Description du poste
ABOUT AKKA TECHNOLOGIES
AKKA TECHNOLOGIES an engineering and technology consultancy company, provides guidance to key accounts in the industrial and service sectors in executing the different stages of their projects, from R&D to study to mass production.
The Group employs more than 12,000 employees in 20 countries worldwide, including activities in North America.
Today, its North American branch, AKKA Group North America is looking for an Electrical Designer who would like to join a dynamic and growing company in Montreal, to support one of its customers in aerospace. The position is to be filled in Montreal, as soon as possible.
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- As part of a technical team, the incumbent will analyze aircraft documents; design electrical systems; and prepare electrical schematics, and wiring and harness drawings for flight simulation products.
In you role, you will:
- Be responsible for the design of electrical equipment and its documentation, as well as providing support for it. Specifically, you will create and modify technical drawings and the related technical documentation, and make minor design changes to the basic components of existing equipment. You will also work with system designers and participate in support activities involving detailed design, manufacturing and the test site.
- Work in a team responsible for electrical design, conditioning and support of electrical systems for the fight simulator cockpit.
- Participate in the analysis of drawings, specifications and requirements for internal and external clients.
- Help define the configuration of simulator materials and develop bills of material, wiring diagrams, and schematics of the electrical system necessary to run the equipment in a simulation environment.
- Participate in design activities led between various engineering and production groups.
- Define and prepare documentation and technical drawings related to simulated instruments and panels.
- Support vendors and suppliers of simulated instruments.
- Participate in technical and compliance assessments of the simulated instruments/panels.
- Revise requirements and designs (PDRs, CDRs).
YOUR PROFILE & SKILLS
- You have a College’s Degree (DEC) or a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Technology or Engineering with a minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience in a design environment
- You have a good knowledge of electrical engineering concepts; knowledge of CAD software such as AutoCAD
- You are a multi-talented individual with expertise in electrical design in a design environment and in other activities associated with the electrical portion of aircraft systems and simulators.
- You have a solid experience with electrical, avionic and power systems.
- You have knowledge of sheet metal work and machine shop practices.
- You have a good experience with simulated panel and instrument interfaces.
- You have experience with electrical signal distribution/interconnection and interface packaging.
- You have knowledge of aircraft instrumentation and/or any of the ARINC 429, ARINC 600, MIL-1553 standards would be considered an asset.
- You have a very good working knowledge of EEA (Electrical Engineering Assistant).
- You pay attention to details. You have a good sense of organization and business, and autonomy. You are dynamic, customer-focused team player with strong learning skills.
- You must be bilingual (English and French), both written and spoken.
- You are a self-motivated person, a team player able to work under pressure and under a minimum of supervision.
- You must also be a person with initiative, have a strong sense of responsibility and good engineering judgment to be able to meet due dates and respect project milestones
- You have the ability to understand complex engineering issues and are innovative in problem solving.
- Please note that only candidates providing a resume (in .pdf format) and a letter clearly indicating their motivations, the number of years of experience relevant to the position and their salary expectations will be considered.
Vous êtes intéressé par ce poste?